- Buying a car takes research. You need to know
about the quality of the car, the best prices, and
financing. Although you can buy a car online, most
people still buy their cars locally. Use the Internet
to locate information that will help you make a good
- This is one of the two largest on-line
car-buying services; providing new, used, and other
car buying information.
- Similar Websites:
- 2) 1 Stop Auto http://www.1stopauto.com/
- 3) 4 Auto Prices http://www.4autoprices.com/
- 4) Auto Buying USA http://www.autobuyingusa.com/
- 5) Auto Directory http://www.autodirectory.com/
- 6) Autoweb http://Autoweb.com
- 7) Cars Direct
- 8) Carpoint http://www.carpoint.msn.com
- 9) Carsmart http://www.carsmart.com
- 10) Simple Car Buying http://www.simplecarbuying.com/
Car Buying Tips
- Guide to evaluating used cars.
- Other Resources for Buying Used
- 2) Best Kept Used Car Secrets http://www.howtobuycars.com/
- 3) Buying A Used Car FAQ from Nolo's Legal
- 4) Car Max http://carmax.com/index.asp
- 5) Check Out a Used Car at Learn2 http://www.learn2.com/05/0523/0523.asp
- 6) 'Good As New' Used Car Buying http://www.goodasnew.com/index.html
- 7) Scopin' a Used Car http://www.myfuture.com/money/suspension.html
- This site has car buying tips.
- Other Sites for Buying Tips:
- 2) Auto Info Center http://www.autoinfocenter.com/
- 3) Buying A New Car FAQ from Nolo's Legal
- 4) Car Buying Tips http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
Buy A Car
- You are interested in purchasing a new
vehicle.What should your annual salary be to afford
the car you want?
Center at the Finance
- This site helps customers analyze options,
learn about key issues, and select products.
Includes information buying, financing, and
- This website includes new car invoice pricing
and used car book values, plus car buying and
- Here you find information about used cars, how
to sell your car, auto financing, insurance and
- This site claims to be 'Web's Most Complete
Source of Automotive Links,' including car sales
and buyers guides.
and Driver's Buyer's
- The comprehensive site is a companion to the
well-known magazine and contains information about
most makes and models available.
- Tom & Ray Magliozzi ( aka 'Click and Clack,
the Tappet Brothers') provide humorous and helpful
answers to mechanical problems. Just don't count on
all of them to be right! America's funniest grease
monkeys try to steer you in the right direction
when buying a new car.
Automobile Buyer's Guide
- Find new and used car prices in this useful
online guide that includes reviews, analysis, and
- Kelley Blue
- You've probably heard about the "blue book
price." It's now online and can help you find
preowned and new vehicle pricing plus purchasing
and selling information.
- Related Automobile Websites
- This site for the automobile euthusiast covers
detailing and car care.
- CarAccident .com
- Here is a comprehensive resource site for all
things regarding auto accidents.
- Related Website:
- 2) Car Accident Statistic http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/stats.html
- This organization collect reviews on all
popular aftermarket performance parts for your
at the Federal Consumer Education
- Here is an index to car related information
from the Pueblo, CO center.
You Really Need A Car?
- Cars do have adverse effects on our
environment. Here are hands-on hints on how to go
Economy from the U.S. Evioronmental
- Click on find and compare cars based on your
estimated miles and current gasoline prices.
- Highway Loss
- Here you find informtion on crash testing,
highway safety, and lots more.
- Lemon Car
- This page offers general information regarding
lemon car cases.
- Financing a vehicle is very much like taking
out a house mortage. The loan institution or bank
gives you the necessary amount of money to purchase
the vehicle, and you then repay back the same
amount, plus interest.
Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- This is the Dept. of Transportation's source
for crash statistics and crash test information and
- Other Not-To-Be-Missed Sections at
- 2) Buying a Safer Car: New Car Assessment
- 3) Vehicle and Equipment Information http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/
- Seat belt protection information
- Websites for Teachers
or Lease an Automobile by B. Cross (Grade
- Sooner or later everyone will be confronted
with the question of whether or not leasing a car
is a viable option to buying a car. In other words,
how important is it to own your car?
This Car - Now, You! by B. Nichols and M.
Galloway (Grade 7-12)
- Students will analyze car advertisements,
define advertising and marketing terms, and compose
a persuasive advertisement.
My First Car (Grade 8-12)
- Through this unit you will research every
aspect that a person goes through when purchasing a
A Steal! or What A Ripoff? by E. Glazer
- In this activity, students use the Internet and
exponential regression to help them find an
affordable automobile at a reasonable price.
antilock brake system (ABS)
sport utility vehicle (SUV)
- Created by
Johnson, Updated by